Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July


Now I'm not one to brag or anything, but I bake a mean pecan tart. I mean mean. I only do it for special occasions cause it requires a lot of my time, and I just don't seem to have a lot of that these days.

My top secret recipe has a buttery, creamy, flaky dough baked from scratch, and although I could simply use a cookie/pastry cutter to easily form the crusts of each mini tart, I choose to mold it all by hand right into the mini muffin pans. That takes the most time.

Now I can't go and share my secret recipe for my pecan tarts, cause then it would no longer be a secret, and everyone has their little secrets right?

So here's a modified version I picked up from my fave baking blog Bake or Break, that's not as secret, and almost as yummy.

So while the men are out firing up the grill this 4th of July, bake a batch of these and share with the family.

1 comment: